visions of green

aaron mcmanus - green life, real estate, and everything in between

Sunday, April 30, 2006

the purpose of this site

Since I've posted a couple of times already without clarifying my intent, I figured it's about time to.

I'm at a turning point in my life where I intend to figure out exactly how I can be of most service to the world. I started Green Grass Real Estate with the intent of helping people to get more out of their life thru their real estate, and to use the process of purchasing and selling to educate people to move towards a sustainable way of life.

That's not enough.

Scientists are currently debating how long the oil on this planet will last (check out friday's episode of democracynow.org), and one thing is for sure - it won't last forever. It's highly doubtful that we will make it another 10-20 years.

I look at my own life - as someone who is an active participant in the green movement, I still drive a car. I still rely on oil-based products constantly. Our tax dollars go to support oil-based wars.

Oil is emblematic of the greatest problem facing our society - an overall lack of planning. We are so focused on fulfilling our immediate lifestyle needs, that we are afraid to plan to live life without them. Planning is boring, it's not as exciting as doing, and it's certainly not as easy as grabbing a beer. If strategic planning was more like Miller Time... but oh well.

I want to spend some time posting and figuring out what's going on - what are we as a people individually doing out there to plot for a more sustainable way of life? How are we going to realign the interests of the corporations into focusing on earning profits sustainably? How can we hope to push against a profiteering and war machine the size of the one that has gotten us into this mess? How do we simplify a movement and organize people around it?

If you've got any answers... please feel free to chip in.

thanks!

aaron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home